Low Sugar Chinese New Year Cake (Nian Gao) Recipe
I saw some delicious Chinese New Year cakes (Nian Gao) during a recent visit to the local Asian grocery store. Here is a recipe for a low sugar version that is just as delicious. Enjoy!
Low Sugar Chinese New Year Cake Recipe
- 275 grams glutinous rice flour, sifted
- 400 grams coconut milk
- 50 grams brown rice syrup
- 1/10 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Pour mixture into 5 greased ramekins.
- Steam for 60 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Enjoy the steamed version, or fry up with some gluten-free flour and egg batter.