Wakame: Marinated Seaweed Salad
Seaweed salad is delicious and is packed with good nutrients, such as Vitamin K, Folate, Iodine and Magnesium. It is low in calories and is great as an appetizer or part of a meal. I like pairing seaweed salad with a few slices of smoked salmon and some sliced cucumbers over a bed of warm sprouted brown rice (with a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds).
Seaweed Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup Dried seaweed
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- Toasted Black sesame seed
- Soak dried seaweed in warm water for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut off the stem of the drained seaweed and and cut remainder into bite-size pieces.
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar with seaweed.
- Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some toasted black sesame seed before serving.